I have been and still am on the quest to make a great tasting, healthy protein bar.
It’s hard to find a protein bar that contains the proper nutrients AND that doesn’t taste like cardboard. (Not that I actually know what cardboard tastes like…)
I came up with this bars this afternoon and they are currently baking away as I type this post. Unfortunately, I will not be able to taste them, as I am 7 weeks out from a show. BUT, I am giving them to my boyfriend and roommates to try. I will post their opinions (if they are decent opinions) 🙂
1 C Oats
4 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Complete Nutrition’s V-Core)
1 C Peanut Butter (You can substitute PB2, I just didn’t have any on hand. I used Smart Balance)
1/3 C Olive Oil
2 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 C Raisins
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/3 C Water
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Cook sweet potatoes. (I wrap my potatoes in a paper towel and put them in the microwave for 10 minutes)
3. Combine the oats, protein powder, baking soda, olive oil, peanut butter and water in a large mixing bowl. You can hand mix this portion.
4. Add the bananas and use a mixer to mix everything together.
5. Add the cooked sweet potatoes and mix together.
6. Add the raisins and stir (do not use mixer)
7. Pour mixture into a lightly greased pan and pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until done.