I will post the nutrition facts later today….
- I use 1/3 Olive Oil or 1/3 C Apple Sauce (I use which ever one I have on hand.)
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (I use a rather large grate because I like the texture of the large chunks of zucchini)
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt, plain, low fat
- 1-1/2 C. Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon (I often add more than a teaspoon because I love cinnamon)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) 1 C. Walnuts….I like them more. 🙂
- 1 C. Pureed or Mashed Sweet Potatoes (1 cup is roughly equivalent to 1 large sweet potato)
(Clearly, I like the Publix brand)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
NOTE: The fats in this recipe are primarily from heart healthy Omega 3’s in the nuts. To reduce the saturated fat to 2 grams per slice, simply leave out the nuts.
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream oil and honey. Add egg, grated zucchini, yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon, mix on low until combined. (You can also mix this portion by hand.)
2. Combine in a small bowl, soda and flour. Add flour mixture to batter and mix on medium speed just until combined. Stir in nuts.
4. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool 15 minutes in pan before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
6. Cut into slices.